My name is Andrew Hutchings but I am known to many as ‘LinuxJedi’. My day job is as a Lead Engineer for MariaDB leading the development of MariaDB ColumnStore. I live in the UK with my wife and two children but am often travelling abroad for meetings and conferences.
In my spare time I like to hack useful code onto several open source projects. You can also find more about me in my LinkedIn page.
I have previously worked in the following roles:
- an environment monitoring company as an embedded microcontroller developer
- a hosting company designing/installing/supporting Linux servers
- The First Post / Dennis Publishing as a Technical Architect
- Sun Microsystems / Oracle as a MySQL Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Rackspace as a Software Developer on the Drizzle Project
- SkySQL as a Senior Sustaining Engineer
- A lead developer at HP Helion Public Cloud
- Principal Software Engineer for HP’s Advanced Technology Group
- Senior Developer Advocate for NGINX Inc.
- Technical Product Manager for NGINX Inc.
I have been a conference speaker at the many events, here are a videos of previous talks:
I am also a co-author of a book called MySQL 5.1 Plugins Development.