My name is Andrew Hutchings but I am known to many as ‘LinuxJedi’. I live in the UK with my wife and two children but am often travelling abroad for meetings and conferences.
I have previously worked in the following roles:
- An environment monitoring company as an embedded microcontroller developer
- A hosting company designing/installing/supporting Linux servers
- The First Post / Dennis Publishing as a Technical Architect
- Sun Microsystems / Oracle as a MySQL Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Rackspace as a Software Developer on the Drizzle Project
- SkySQL as a Senior Sustaining Engineer
- A lead developer at HP Helion Public Cloud
- Principal Software Engineer for HP’s Advanced Technology Group
- Senior Developer Advocate for NGINX Inc.
- Technical Product Manager for NGINX Inc.
- Lead Software Engineer / Manager for MariaDB
- Senior Staff Software Engineer for Equinix Metal
I have been a conference speaker at the many events and I am also a co-author of a book called MySQL 5.1 Plugins Development.